Su McNeill, DMD
“I love to call my patients my friends…and that’s just how I treat them.”
How about a lovely English accent to enhance your peaceful experience at Good Neighbor Dental? Born and raised in England, Dr. Su McNeill still has the accent to prove it! It was those bad British teeth that inspired her to become a dentist and FIX those teeth! Dr. McNeill actually “cut her teeth,” so to speak, in the challenging fast-paced National Health System in the UK, where she worked in dentistry for 6 years before moving to the U.S.
To Dr. McNeill, taking care of her patients is about building relationships just as much as doing great dentistry. She deeply understands how patients are nervous sometimes and, first and foremost, she wants them to know their comfort and concerns are her utmost priority. She is a self-confessed perfectionist, which goes hand-in-hand with her love of the artistry of dentistry.
Married to Jerry, a retired naval officer and civilian contractor, for 13 years, Dr. McNeill is the proud mother of two young children, Raeya and Kamran. Her favorite pastime is simply spending time with her kids and letting loose and being silly with them. The whole family loves living in Virginia Beach because there are so many year-round activities such as going to the beach, waterparks, farms, museums, and the list goes on!
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D) Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Temple University School of Dentistry, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S) University of Sheffield Dental School, Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Associate Dentist at Smithfield Dental, Smithfield, VA 23430 2009 – 2015
- Dental Instructor, Tidewater Tech, Norfolk, USA 2005 – 2006
- Flew to remote and rural parts of the Northern Territory of Australia to provide dental treatment to aboriginal communities
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Tidewater Dental Association